Changes in the rules of the game at universities as a result of the new evaluation3 November 2020 2 min reading
We cordially invite you to the third webinar in the series #scientificevaluation2.0, where we will talk about how the new evaluation principles affect universities. The series is organized under the patronage of the Polish Rectors Foundation and the “Forum Akademickie” magazine, and our partner is ProScience.
The third and last meeting in the series will be held on November 4, 2020 from 1:30 pm to 3 pm under the title: “The rules of the game at universities – how will they change under the influence of the new system of evaluation of scientific activities?”. At the meeting, we will:
- try to answer the question: how will the rules at universities change under the influence of the new system of evaluation of scientific activities?
- share experiences on how to adjust the management of an organization to the principles of the new evaluation and how to organize new processes and roles, especially of heads of disciplines, in the university structure.
- take a closer look at the intra-university assessment systems for researchers.
The meeting will be moderated by Prof. Łukasz Sułkowski, President of PCG Polska, Head of the Department of Higher Education Institutions Management at the Jagiellonian University and Professor at Clark University and the University of Social Sciences. To participate in the discussion we invited following experts:
- Prof. Dorota Dobija, Director of the Doctoral School and Head of the Accounting Department at Kozminski University, former Vice-Rector for Science. Many years of experience in managing intellectual capital in higher education. Currently she conducts research on measurement and evaluation systems for scientific performance.
- Prof. Andrzej Tretyn, in the years 2012-2020 Rector of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, previously a long-term Vice-Rector for Research and International Cooperation. Since 1994 he has been the Head of the Department of Plant Physiology and Biotechnology. In 2016-2020, Deputy Chairman of Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools in Poland.
- Prof. Piotr Jedynak, Vice-Rector of the Jagiellonian University for HR and Financial Policy, Head of the Department of Management Systems, member of the Program Council of the “Excellence Initiative – Research University”. Previously, the Dean of the Faculty of Management and Social Communication at the Jagiellonian University. He led the team no. 1 for the Organization and Organizational Structure during the implementation of the Law 2.0 at the university.
Participation is free of charge – just sign up on the event website. We encourage you to participate in the discussion!