Business Intelligence Solutions for Universities BI4Progress
For the effective management of the university and building its competitive advantage, it is necessary to perform multi-dimensional data analysis, both for the whole university and its individual units. In the perspective of the transformation of Polish universities and the introduction of a new academic order resulting from the Constitution for Science (Act 2.0), university management must be supported by reliable data and analytical tools that enable complex analyzes and immediate reports and forecasts.
The BI4PROGRESS system developed by PCG Academia supports building the advantage of higher education institutions thanks to making key data available for the university's management staff in form of the Manager's Dashboards. A number of flexible, freely configurable tools allow immediate access to the synthesis of the university's condition and analysis of processes at the level of both the entire university and its individual units, guaranteeing transparency and accountability.
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE for PROGRESS is a Business Intelligence class analytical tool - it's a Controlling System that allows to create and distribute the Manager's Dashboards presenting data in form of pivot tables, charts and indicators. BI4PROGRESS is also a self-service tool thanks to which university managers can dynamically create reports, collates and forecasts through the "drag & drop" function, without the requirement of programming knowledge. The big data analysis methods used in our tools will allow each management leader to transform data into knowledge applicable in practice, which will result in better management decision making, thus increasing the competitiveness of their own university.
Analysis and presentation of data through charts, reports and forecasts available in any defined Manager's Dashboards.
Synthetic data presentation covering long periods, historical statistics, variability in time and any analytical areas.
Daily automated update of defined reports.
Web access to the Manager's Dashboards, unlimited by time and place.
Algorithms that meet the requirements of Act 2.0 and take into account the specificity of a given university or unit.
Integration of data from any sources and areas, including sources other than dean's office systems such as HR, accounting, and payroll systems.
- Analysis of Teaching Costs. Analysis of the costs of student education in particular faculties and fields of studies, costs of didactic hours, "overheads" of faculty costs, indirect and direct costs.
- Calculation and Payments. Analysis that is already a standard thanks to the functionality of "data mining". It allows to easily move from a general analysis to detailed information about the lack of specific payments of the selected student or the period of delay.
- Scholarships. Detailed information about scholarships - their values, distribution, structure and variability over time - to support the university's policy.
- Analysis of Recruitment and Retention enabling immediate, quantitative and percentage presentation of the recruitment structure by selected criteria, including faculties, fields of studies, candidate and student status, geographic information (e.g. place of residence), results of matura exams (secondary school exit exams), preferences or achieved results in studies.
- Analysis of the Candidates' Potential enabling research and prediction of students' fates at the university based on the results of matura exams, high school graduation, interests, geographic information and gender.
- Retention Analysis enabling graphic presentation of trends in students number changes and conversions between faculties and among graduates.
- Risk management for student outflow from individual departments and fields of study.
- Settlement of Didactics in the context of both organizational units of the university (faculty, institute, cathedral, employee) and studies (field of studies, level and form).
- Analysis of Workload of Teaching Staff illustrating the settlement of the pensum and additional classes and didactic activity of the lecturers.
- Analysis of the Quality of Education enabling the verification of didactics.
- Analysis of Surveys monitoring students' opinions.
- Analysis of Assessments monitoring statistics, current status, historical results and trends in students' grades.
- Analysis of Timeliness of Degree Examinations enabling better planning of degree examination schedules.
- Analysis of Conducted Classes in terms of optimizing the timetable of didactic and student classes and the workload of lecturers.
- Analysis of Rooms Usage enables optimization of operating costs and maintenance of university rooms and halls.
- Analysis of Scientific Achievements enabling the analysis of the number of publications and its variability in time: individually - by didactic staff, as well as in a collective way - by organizational units, including co-authors. Validation to POL-on.
Learn more about BI4PROGRESS system.
Contact us to obtain a demo or to arrange a presentation. We are at your disposal!