It’s just one month until LUMEN 2020 Conference – register now!30 October 2020 3 min reading
The LUMEN 2020 Conference is just around the corner. On November 24-25, we will meet online to discuss the most important and pressing issues in higher education. We cordially invite you to register at lumen.edu.pl – participation is completely free of charge.
This year’s 6th edition of the LUMEN Leaders in University Management Conference due to the pandemic situation and out of concern for the safety of our participants will be held online. The conference will not be one-sided, but interactive – we will provide all participants the opportunity to participate in the discussion.
There are two days of live broadcast waiting for you, full of debates with the most prominent representatives of the academic community in Poland and factual presentations of the best solutions supporting the university’s activities, especially during COVID.
In terms of content, LUMEN 2020 will focus on issues related to the effects of COVID-19, the implementation of Law 2.0 and the challenges of the new term of office of the rectors. We will present current trends in higher education, discuss numerous legal changes and demonstrate management innovations ready to be adapted at universities.
In total, the agenda of the LUMEN Conference includes as many as 10 panels with 40 experts of university management. Each panel is dedicated to a different, key topic related to the current situation of universities in Poland and in the world. The first day of the conference will concern strategic management and the second one operational management.
The broadness of the subject matter of the Conference is best reflected by the titles of individual panels:
- Strategic challenges in higher education and science
- New university leaders and their programs – panel with rectors of the 2020-2024 term of office
- Universities of the post-covid era – experiences and good practices
- Improving the teaching potential of academic staff of the 21st century – key competences, modern tools and methods of education
- Evaluation of scientific activities 2017 –2021 – challenges, management strategies and tools
- Management of scientific achievements – where to place operational responsibility in the university structures?
- Technical support of the evaluation process – from data to information
- When the sprint turns into a marathon – distance learning as an element of a long-term strategy for the operation and development of universities
- Tools facilitating university management in the Covid era – experiences and good practices
- How to safely and effectively organize distant student exams in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic?
We kindly invite you to read the detailed program of the Conference and our speakers bios at lumen.edu.pl. Register today!
See you on “Lumens”!
The Conference is organized by PCG Academia. The substantive partner is the Polish Rectors Foundation, which has been supporting the LUMEN initiative from the very beginning. The conference is held under the patronage of the Minister of Education and Science, the Main Council of Science and Higher Education, the Chairman of the Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools in Poland, the Polish Accreditation Committee, the “Forum Akademickie” magazine and the National Information Processing Center – National Research Institute. The Conference partners are Blackboard, Veriori, Librus, PCG Edukacja, Inspera and Wolters Kluwer.
See how the previous LUMEN editions looked like on the PCG Academia YouTube channel.