Blackboard pilot program for Polish universities11 May 2020 3 min reading
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, universities were faced with a difficult challenge: on the one hand, providing students with remote classes of the highest quality, and at the same time providing lecturers with the best possible conditions for conducting online classes.
This challenge is further complicated by the fact that distance learning will continue for a longer period of time. According to the latest recommendations of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, classes and examinations at Polish universities will be carried out remotely until at least the end of the current academic year.
In these conditions, the key is to use e-learning tools that guarantee security, reliability and comfort of distance learning. The solutions of Blackboard, a global leader in the field of e-learning, are the perfect choice.
Blackboard and PCG Academia have prepared a unique pilot program for Polish universities, under which universities can access the Blackboard Learn Ultra remote learning platform for a period of six months at preferential price conditions.
What are the strengths of Blackboard Learn Ultra? Blackboard Learn Ultra is a comprehensive yet easy-to-use solution that requires only a web browser. The application does not require installation and is launched at the university in the Software as a Service model. Blackboard Learn Ultra is trusted by millions of users in 90 countries – today it is the most popular distance learning platform in the world.
Blackboard Learn Ultra enables the implementation of all aspects of the teaching process in electronic form, including:
- Conducting classes via videoconferencing;
- Posting teaching materials in a quick and intuitive way;
- Calendar for planning teaching activities;
- Attendance controlled by educators and administration;
- Assessment, examination and classification of students;
- Prevention of plagiarism thanks to the built-in originality testing tool;
- Repository for storing and cataloging teaching materials;
- Reporting of all activities related to the conducting classes;
- Personalization of classes thanks to automated content differentiation;
- Close integration with the Microsoft Teams, used by the vast majority of universities in Poland to conduct classes in the form of videoconferences;
- Native mobile applications that make it easy to work and learn from anywhere;
- Full data security and compliance with the GDPR
PCG Academia and Blackboard, along with the launch of tools at the university in the SaaS model, also offer training for users. As part of the pilot program, access to the Blackboard Learn Ultra platform for up to 5,000 users (students and lecturers) is offered at a special price of PLN 59,000.00 net.
Feel free to contact us:
Director for Channel Partnerships
PCG Academia, exclusive Blackboard distributor for higher education in Poland