Beyond Moodle webinars – upgrade your Moodle and level up e-learning at your university17 December 2020 3 min reading
New Year, new series of webinars! In January, we are launching the Beyond Moodle webinars, where we will show you how to maximize the potential of the popular e-learning platform Moodle.
At the #BeyondMoodle webinars, we will present a number of IT solutions that extend the functionality of Moodle, addressing the important needs of universities in the field of data analysis, building accessibility in online education, and distance examination.
We invite you to the following webinars in the series:
21st January: “If you can measure it, you can manage it – analysis of data on distance learning at the university”
- Can we use the data collected in Moodle to improve the quality of education? What data is important for various stakeholder groups – university authorities, educators, e-learning managers, the Polish Accreditation Committee?
- We will show Intelliboard – an application that, based on data from Moodle, provides over 120 reports, dashboards and sets of indicators, allowing for a detailed insight into the online education process at the university.
28th January: “Content is King – attractive and accessible educational content for students”
- We will talk about creating and sharing educational content in a way that allows students to learn effectively – regardless of their limitations, disabilities, or learning styles.
- We will present Blackboard Ally – a program that enables automatic creation of content for students in alternative formats (Braille, audio, e-book) and an analysis of the accessibility of content included in Moodle courses.
4th February: “Control is the highest form of trust – examining students and how to do it right”
- We will talk about the challenges faced by universities in organizing the remote examination process and possible ways to address them, including how to ensure independent work of students and meet the requirements of the GDPR.
- We will demonstrate the INSPERA system for electronic student examination, which can function alongside Moodle at the university, allowing for the safe conduct of stationary and remote exams using video monitoring and artificial intelligence.
11th February: “If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants” – the perspective of global leaders on the development of online education in Poland
- Blackboard, LTG and Inspera representatives will talk about further possible directions for the development of e-learning at Polish universities. We will present specific case studies, carried out with the participation of companies represented by the invited experts.
- We will discuss the most commonly used strategies and results of the digital transformation that has been going on for many years at the world’s best universities.
Each of the webinars will be moderated by Paweł Morawski, PhD – representative of the University of Social Sciences in Lodz, Blackboard Brand Ambassador in Poland, and enthusiast of modern teaching methods in academic education.
Every webinar will start at 1 p.m. and last about an hour. We encourage you to register for free on our website: https://pcgacademia.pl/wydarzenia/webinaria/
We kindly invite all Moodle users!